Skip to main content

Stitch Fix: July 2015

This was probably my absolute favorite Stitch Fix box so far!! Unfortunately, when I scheduled it, I didn't anticipate the amount of money I would have to spend on back to school stuff for Isis. I took her shopping for new Kindergarten clothes & that kinda blew my budget in terms of purchasing clothes for myself. So I had to get super specific about what I wanted to keep & what I didn't....which STUNK SO BAD because this was the first time I wanted to keep all 5 items!!!!! Such a bummer. Oh well, here's the breakdown...

First of all, I had asked specifically for work pants that I could wear as a teacher that weren't jeans, but were super comfortable. I also asked for a cardigan & a jacket that I could wear into the fall. My stylist, Amy, clearly checked out my Pinterest board & read my requests because she picked things that looked exactly like me.


I absolutely loved this jacket. I had asked for a jacket & here was a perfect, slightly boho kind of jacket with Aztec printings on it. I loved it with sleeves rolled up or down. It could be cinched at the waist or let out. My only issue was that it didn't have a hood. For some reason I just really wanted a cargo jacket to have a hood. So I counted that as a reservation & I didn't keep this one. But it was oh so reluctantly sent back.

Item: Coffeeshop Arguello Printed Cargo Jacket
Price Range: $50-75
Status: Returned (so reluctantly)



This tank top was sent with a note that said to try it with my boyfriend jeans. So I did...and I loved it!!! Gosh another win for Amy. Again, I was looking for reservations because I had spent so much for Isis' clothes, so I decided to return this one only because I was slightly worried that I wouldn't be able to care for the crochet material as well as I needed to. I do tend to be pretty rough on my laundry, so I counted that as a reason to return. Again, reluctantly because I think this top could be so versatile.

Item: Fun2Fun Isabelle Crochet Tank Top
Price Range: $25-50
Status: Returned (again, reluctantly)



This is 2 items in one picture. First, the top. This top was super comfortable. It was a little wrinkly & I knew I would have to iron it a lot, so in terms of looking for a reason to return something - I counted that as one reason. Also this is slightly similar to a top I kept from my June Stitch Fix box. I again was reluctant to return it because I could see this being worn with skirts, jeans, or dress pants like these. Also, it was in the higher price range for that type of top. The only reason I considered it really seriously was because if I kept all 5 items it would've been such a great deal.

Item: Skies are Blue Micah Embroidered Bib Top
Price Range: $50-75
Status: Returned

The pants were super comfortable & super slimming. These were exactly what I was looking for when it comes to teacher work pants that can be worn all day comfortably. I don't have a lot of work pants, but I would like to look more professional at school - especially on those days when I am meeting with parents or speaking in meetings. I looked around online and just couldn't find anything super similar that was a lot cheaper, so I figured this was worth it because of the uniqueness of the pants & the fit.

Item: Margaret M Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant
Price Range: $75-100
Status: Kept



This was the item that I really went back & forth on. For on thing, kimonos are easy to find, but on the other hand, this one was a great material and was just SO comfortable. I tried it on probably 30 times with a bunch of different pairs of pants and shirts just to see if I have enough to wear it with. Ultimately I decided to keep it just because I really loved it so much and I felt sad every time I put it in the bag to return it.

Item: Staccato Sarina Open Cardigan
Price Range: $25-50
Status: Kept


Again, this was overall my absolute favorite Stitch Fix box I have received so far! Until now, there was always at least 1 item that I knew for sure I didn't want to keep for whatever reason. This was the first time I wanted to keep everything. Stitch Fix offers a 25% discount if you keep all 5 items, so I could've kept all of these for a total of about $200, which would've made each item about $40 - which in my mind is TOTALLY worth it for these items. My issue this month was just that I didn't have the $200 to spend on clothes because I had bought Isis' school clothes. Super bummed, but also super excited to have a kiddo heading to KINDERGARTEN!!! So we'll let it go this time. I'm very happy with my new work pants and my cardigan!

Thank you StitchFix!!

If you're interested in checking out StitchFix, go here!! It's a $20 styling fee and it gets applied to anything you keep. You get 25% off if you keep all 5 items. You can choose to do it monthly, bi-monthly or you can just schedule 1. No requirement to continue it monthly, so you should definitely check it out!!! It's worth trying at least once in my opinion.

Comments

Megan LaRussa said…
Hi
My name is Megan LaRussa and i am from Birmingham, Alabama. I am a professional wardrobe consultant and i help those people who are not satisfied with their style and want to look better. I am arranging a style makeover program to help them.
Are you a busy woman juggling work and home life, who doesn’t have the time to stop and figure out what to wear, but you want help feeling more stylish and put together on a daily bases??
Click on the link below to sign up for Virtual make over program.
style makeover program

Thank you

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate