Skip to main content

Guest Posting @ Single Mom in the South!!

Anybody interested in some of my thoughts on marriage? I guest posted over at Single Mom in the South today!! Here's a sneak peek:


Marriage is hard. I’ll be the first to say it. It is also one of the most rewarding & wonderful things in the world, but it takes work. The truth is that loving someone is an active thing that involves choice every day. Those mushy in-love newlywed feelings fade & if there is nothing there to sustain the marriage beyond that, then trouble is waiting. I made the incredibly risky decision to marry very young. I was 20 years old. My husband was 24. I am now almost 26 and we will celebrate our 6th anniversary in October. While this in no way makes me an expert on marriage, it does mean that due to the decision to marry young, I believe we encountered a lot of difficulty very early in our marriage. It has taken a lot of prayer, discussion & humility to come out on the other end at a point where we now are parents & homeowners & two people who have learned how to be married with grace. Here are some things that have helped us get to where we are:

Wanna read more?? Check out Single Mom in the South!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

mamahood said…
I totally related to your post!! I married and had kids young....its nice to see other young couples out there who make it work and are committed to each other ;)
Anonymous said…
Loved your post!! So very true.
Asashia said…
A simple, practical list of what makes marriage work. This was so timely with my anniversary posts this week. It was like a culmination of what I've been reflecting on and a jump start to another year. Thanks!
adinat00 said…
Bankruptcy document retrieval services - order now for bankruptcy records, papers, discharge papers, court records. (serving all 50 states).The bankruptcy court discharge prohibits any attempt to collect from the debtor a debt that has been discharged.
http://bankruptcylive.com/states/fl-florida-bankruptcy-records/
Crystal said…
Good post! I know now a days, so many people don't take marriage seriously- resulting in many divorces, or they expect it to be easy when it really isn't! I am trying to remind my sister of this as she begins her own journey into married life- especially married life in the military which is something her and I will have in common.
Unknown said…
I love that you mentioned putting your spouse first. So many couples often put their children, work, hobbies, etc., first, and the marriage suffers. In our house it's always been marriage first, children second, and our individual wants (not needs, there is a difference) come last.

Communication was the hard one for my husband and me, as we both tend to explain things differently. Once we started talking about how we communicated individually and found ways to have things make sense to the other, discussions went much smoother.

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog...

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite TV Shows

This will later lead into my 30 Days of Television posts coming up in August, but these are my 10 Favorite TV Shows that are currently on the air! They are not in any order. Grey's Anatomy Bones House The Vampire Diaries One Tree Hill The Big Bang Theory Gossip Girl Cougar Town Modern Family Glee What are your 10 favorite TV shows currently on the air? Previous 10 on Tuesday posts