Skip to main content

Go UK!!!

Ok, so until now I haven't shared where I live or what my last name is. I'm still not telling you my last name or where I specifically live, but this is too cool to not share. (And by the way, if you show up at my house trying to steal my kid, I will bludgeon you with a bat.)

Anyway, you know how if you start typing something in to Google, it will pull up the top phrases that are usually searched for that begin with what you've typed so far. Today, I was typing a question & it started with "is..." Well, these are the top things that are searched for that begin with "is..."
Do you see all that John Wall & Demarcus Cousins stuff? Well, I go to UK. My husband graduated from UK. We aren't necessarily the most faithful UK fans like you see on TV, but most of my friends are & my cousins are & if you live anywhere near UK - anywhere in the state, really - you are by default a UK fan. So I welled up with some MAJOR pride when I saw that!! 

Can I also tell you that from 1998 to 2009, UK had 5 first round draft picks in the NBA (Mohammed, Padgett, Magloire, Prince, Rondo) and then we had 5 this year (Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, Orton)!!!

That's impressive. Go Cats!!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

hannah said…
My husband and I are also from Kentucky! We went to Transy, but we are still UK fans, of course.

We live in Arizona now, and being a UK fan is almost more important. When they're playing (mostly basketball, but football too), it makes us feel like we haven't entirely abandoned our roots, and we have something to talk about with all our Kentucky people.
Cameron said…
How fun!! I love finding new UK fans!!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog...

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite TV Shows

This will later lead into my 30 Days of Television posts coming up in August, but these are my 10 Favorite TV Shows that are currently on the air! They are not in any order. Grey's Anatomy Bones House The Vampire Diaries One Tree Hill The Big Bang Theory Gossip Girl Cougar Town Modern Family Glee What are your 10 favorite TV shows currently on the air? Previous 10 on Tuesday posts