Skip to main content

Cloth Diapering in Action!

We all know that I was very excited about cloth diapers when I was pregnant! We used disposables for the first 2 weeks until her umbilical cord stump fell off because I was afraid the cloth diapers would tear off the stump before it was ready. After 2 weeks (and $40) in disposable diapers, we were very excited about using cloth! It took a couple of days for us & Isis to get used to the cloth diapers, but now, we all are very happy!! It's definitely not for everybody. We are having to use our diaper sprayer to spray off the poo everytime, but we don't actually ever touch the poo. And once I'm putting the diapers into the washing machine, there isn't even any poo on them! So it's not any messier than the disposables were.

If you were on the fence about it, I highly recommend the cloth diapers! And our GroBaby diapers are the absolute best!! We love how they work - with the velcro rather than buttons & they fit great! Even when she was just like 7 1/2 pounds! We don't always have to change the outer shell, so that helps! And we'll have to change it even less once she's out of this stage where she poops after every feeding. The only thing I've really noticed that makes a big difference is her little butt is huge in the cloth diapers! She can wear 3 month clothes already just because her butt is big! Although it could also have something to do with the fact that she's gone from 6 lbs 12 oz when she was born to 11 lbs in 4 weeks!! Goodness my girl is eating!!

So there ya go, cloth diapers are working well for the Clarks! Yay for GroBaby!

Oh, P.S. I did try some regular fitted cloth diapers with a Thirsties diaper cover & I absolutely hated that! So I guess I like GroBaby diapers specifically, not just cloth diapers in general.

Comments

Mama Smors said…
Isis is the CUTEST thing ever in the cloth diapers. I absolutely positively LOVE them!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog...

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite TV Shows

This will later lead into my 30 Days of Television posts coming up in August, but these are my 10 Favorite TV Shows that are currently on the air! They are not in any order. Grey's Anatomy Bones House The Vampire Diaries One Tree Hill The Big Bang Theory Gossip Girl Cougar Town Modern Family Glee What are your 10 favorite TV shows currently on the air? Previous 10 on Tuesday posts