Skip to main content

Updates: Lux

Lux

(We haven't had our 9 month appointment yet, so these are from her 6 month appointment.)
Height: 27.75 inches
Weight: 16 lb 6 oz
Mainly, she is just long!!

Sleep
Sleeps 12+ hours a night!
She goes to bed around 7:15pm & wakes up around 7:30am.
 Takes 2 naps a day - and she's pretty flexible on the 2nd nap as far as what time it starts.
Sleeps in her crib for all naps and nighttime, but will sleep easily in a pack & play at other houses as well.

Play
Her favorites right now are an old calculator & remote, which I think is so funny.
She loves playing with Isis or being around any of us where we are.
She loves the pool! We've been going a couple of times a week and she loves getting in the little floats and just kicking her legs!
She loves bath time and will kick and play in there for as long as we'll let her!
She loves playing with other babies.
She does an army crawl with her arms to get wherever she wants to go. She's starting to do a regular crawl sometimes, too.

Eating
She takes 4 bottles a day: 2 8-oz bottles & 2 6-oz bottles.
She eats baby food 3 times a day. Usually a fruit for breakfast, a veggie for lunch and some kind of meal for dinner. We are using Earth's Best exclusively, although that's because we got a great deal because Babies R Us was having a sale!
She's just now starting to be able to eat puffs. She's had a hard time chewing on things. But now we are starting to offer her little tastes of things we are eating, too.
We've introduced a sippy cup with water, although she still doesn't exactly know what to do with it.
I stopped breastfeeding at 7 months and I feel really good about it. It was a little emotional, but she did fine with weaning and everybody is happy and healthy now!

Overall, she is just the sweetest, easiest little thing! I in no way expect that to continue forever, but it's really wonderful seeing how easily she adjusts to things around her. I can already tell the differences in personality between her and Isis. I love and appreciate both of them and the individuality they have. I'm excited to see how Lux's personality develops as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate