Skip to main content

5 Baby items I want this time around


Luckily, having baby #2 has many perks, including the fact that we have most baby items we need! I kept a running list in my head of things I wish I had with Isis or things I would've used a lot. I made a wish list of things I'd like this time!

1. Glider
I sat on our futon in Isis' bedroom when I would nurse her. I wish it had rocked or moved in any way. I would love a glider to go in the baby's bedroom this time!

2. Jumper
We had something that was more like an exersaucer with Isis. She couldn't bounce like she could in a jumperoo like this. Every time we would go to someone's house who had one of these, she loved it! It would be fun to have this time.
 
3. Baby Bullet
We had a Beaba Babycook from Williams-Sonoma with Isis. I still have it, and I did like it and would be okay with using it again, but I have to say I would really love a Baby Bullet! And they are way cheaper than a Beaba. Wish they had those when Isis was born.
Order: Baby Bullet

4. Dria Nursing Cover
I had several kinds of nursing covers with Isis. None of them were as fabulous as the Dria nursing cover seems to be! My mom and I are trying to make our own right now. Watch the video on the website and just try to tell me that you wouldn't find that totally helpful when you're nursing! I love that it covers the front and the back, that it's really stretchy & that it can be used for other things.
Order: Dria Cover
 
5. Breathable Mesh Crib Liner
These things look really cool! I am personally in favor of bumper pads because they keep baby legs from going through crib slats and they keep pacifiers and other items inside the crib. Isis' bumper pads were thin enough that I never worried about suffocation or her using them to climb up the crib. But this mesh crib liner accomplishes everything I like about bumper pads without actually being a bumper pad. Nice.
 

Comments

Jennifer said…
That one may be different from the one my mom has but she has one of the breathable bumper pads and i hate it. It doesn't stay up and it just looks really cheap on the crib.... And there is absolutely no padding. Kayden is one that likes to sleep with his head smashed up against the side of the crib and his poor head would be a huge bruise with that thing. I totally understand it with the really little ones when worried about suffocation but once that fear is gone, I'm not a huge fan. It has it's ups and downs just like everything.
Glider- YES!! We have one upstairs in kaydens room that I still use for him and we are getting a second one with baby number two for his room. I can't even think about not having one in both, I love them!!
MrsOgg said…
Did you ever make the dria?? I would love to hear any ideas you have for making it. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate