Skip to main content

Baby Makes FOUR!!


Due date: October 17
 
Looks like Isis will become a big sister in October!! I've been waiting 4 weeks to share & I'm so excited to finally let everybody know! As this blog serves as a sort of virtual scrapbook or journal of my pregnancy/baby stuff, I feel like I want to remember some of the stuff from the last few weeks!

First of all, after trying for 8 months to conceive Isis, it was a SHOCK, to say the least, when it happened right away! I don't think I really believed it until we went to the midwife's office for blood work the week after I got a positive test. I have to say one of my absolute favorite things about my midwife is the fact that she's just very proactive about staying on top of things. She said to come on in to check blood work and hormone levels and everything. She also said that since you can see a heartbeat at 7-8 weeks, that I didn't need to wait until 10 weeks or more for my first ultrasound.

That means that yesterday afternoon, we got to see and hear our little blueberry's heartbeat! 160 bpm! Perfect little thing in there! The midwife said it was safe to tell everybody, even though I'm only 8 weeks. So I'm very excited!!

Lewis was almost more excited than I was at first because I think he really believed it was real before I did. I was just shocked that it happened so fast! He's the one who has been calling it a little blueberry because I told him the other day that it's the size of a blueberry right now. 

We keep telling Isis she's going to be a big sister & she will say to people now "big sister" but I don't think she really gets it. But as my belly gets bigger & she gets older throughout the year, I know she will! 

Most things are the same this time as they were with Isis. I have the same dull nausea constantly, but not bad enough that I actually do anything. I've felt light-headed when I don't eat. Smell sensitivity is crazy. I'm breaking out a little and I'm having vivid dreams.

Major differences: I'm working in an elementary school, therefore the smell sensitivity is bombarded constantly with funky smells. One student in my class threw up the other day & I about lost it. I normally handle that pretty well, but mix it with pregnancy & it was rough. I also have actual food aversions this time, which I didn't with Isis. The big aversion: uncooked onions. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It's out of control. I went to the grocery the other day & walked past the onions in the produce section and literally had to leave the grocery 5 minutes later because I was sweating & about to throw up in the store. That's just crazy. I also have a major loss of appetite. I didn't have that problem with Isis. I think I gained a few pounds within the first trimester. This time, I've lost a few pounds. I've been told to EAT. Working on that.

Other than that, things are about the same! My prediction: it's a girl. We'll find out on May 29!!!

Comments

The Planet Pink said…
I've been wondering when we'd get this announcement from you! Congratulations!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!
Rosilind Jukic said…
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate