Skip to main content

We're Moving!

We bought a house!!

Well, we're under contract for a house. We close on December 16, just in time for Christmas! I feel like things are moving fast in my life and I'm excited! School is going great! I absolutely love my job, my school, the teachers I'm working with, all the people working with me on my KTIP intern year, everything! I just feel like things are finally getting into a good flow. So, we decided it was time to buy another house! Since it'll be time for baby #2 in the near future, we knew we needed more room and with the market being what it is and mortgage rates being what they are, we just decided to go for it! 

We found a beautiful house that is perfect for us and for our ultimately complete family! 4 bedrooms, a 5th bonus room with a big closet! 2.5 bathrooms, beautiful kitchen, dining room so we can entertain or host holidays at our house, LOTS of closet space! It has a backyard that even comes with a wooden play set with a slide!! Imagine the excitement on Isis' face when she saw that slide in our backyard! We're through the inspections, so everything is good to go! We also have a wonderful renter for our townhouse!

But suddenly I find myself more emotional than I ever thought I would be about leaving our current house. Our cute little townhouse has been perfect for us the last 4 years! It was the first house we ever purchased. It was where we put up our first Christmas tree. It was where we brought Isis home from the hospital. It is where Isis learned to crawl and walk and dance and jump! Isis had her first Christmas here. I've laughed here and cried here. I've loved it and I've hated it at times. But it's been mine, it's been ours. I keep finding myself going back to Stay Forever Sunday and thinking of her tagline..."We loved here." I wish I could somehow leave my mark forever on this house to just say "I was here. We were here. There are so many memories here."

I also think about this new house. It has everything we need to raise our family there. The bedrooms are huge! Big enough for teenagers. We will raise three children in that house (hopefully). We will have Christmases and birthdays and anniversaries there. Our kids can play in the backyard! (We don't have a backyard in our townhouse.) I will laugh there and love there, too. It made me emotional when I first walked into the house. We knew immediately it was ours. I could picture where the Christmas tree would go and where I would set up the birthday cake for parties. I could see the cribs in the rooms as we add more babies to the family. I could see Isis playing with her siblings and I could see us taking walks down the street, going to the park around the corner! I'm excited about possibility, about growth.

I guess, just like any new chapter in our lives, it's tough to say goodbye to where I've been, but I'm excited about where we are about to go!

Expect more pictures when we move in!!


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Jennifer said…
I've been really emotional about leaving our rental house for the same reason. I HATE our rental, but the memories are so hard to leave!!! There were beautiful memories in your new house and that owner was very emotional about leaving them too. I'm glad that there will be more beautiful memories in that house! I told her if it was like a domestic adoption and they got to pick who moved in, they would have picked you all! It's a beautiful house for a beautiful family!
Adriel Booker said…
Oh, this made me all teary! First of all, I'm so happy for you guys! Your new place sounds incredible... and so perfect for your family to grow into. And secondly, yes, a house is so much more than just a home. Even though we rent our place, I would very much feel the same leaving it. "Thank you house, for being so kind to us, for being so perfect... even in all your imperfections" is what I'd want to say. It really is about the growth, the memories, the LIFE that happens in that space isn't it? Happy memories!! And MANY happy memories to come for you in your new place. (And wow, it's super cute too - love it!) Big congrats to you guys!!! :)
Mama Hen said…
This is so exciting! You will build new memories in your new home and the comfort you will feel from being "home" will be so amazing! I hope you are doing great my friend! Congratulations! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mama Hen
Georgia said…
This was so lovely to read. I hope you will be very happy in that new house :) it's a perfect family home xxx

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate