Skip to main content

Summer Plans!

I am done with my long-term sub position! I have a job at the school in the fall! I am close to finalizing my plans for our new sitter for Isis in the fall! I am home with Isis until sometime in July when I will start setting up my classroom! Free time, here I come!!

For the next few weeks until July, I've got plans! I had great plans to keep up with my blogging when I went back to work, but that really kinda fell through. I've decided I need to just take it easy on myself. I absolutely love blogging and I love reading blogs and keeping in touch with my blog friends. BUT, I also love teaching and I need to focus on that right now so that I can be the best teacher I can for my students. As I've said before, they deserve my absolute best. Isis also obviously deserves my absolute best & between being a mom, wife, teacher & blogger, blogging just took second stage and I think that's okay. I still make appearances - at least once every 2 weeks so I can keep my BlogHer ads up! But really I'm doing this for myself and I will post as I have time and motivation.

So my list for the summer! 

I want to organize my iTunes. I know that sounds daunting, but I've been wanting to do it for a while!

I want to read several books - I've got a list coming of my summer reading!

I want to actually go to the pool! I bought two bathing suits this year - both look like this, yes I bought tankinis - and I got Isis some great pool gear & I plan on just having some fun with that since I haven't even worn a bathing suit in at least 3 years & I owe it to Isis to get some pool time!!

I want to plan out & set up my classroom for when school starts in August! I have some great ideas that I'll probably share later & get some mom (& teacher) feedback!

I want to go to the Farmer's Market - fairly regularly. We are doing the CSA again - posts for that will start around June 3 - but I want to supplement with Farmer's Market foods! My big goal for the summer is to prepare fresh food at our house as much as possible. That means Isis & I will be making some frequent trips to the Farmer's Market & grocery stores!

Work Out!!! I really really need to work out regularly! Any moms have any great at-home workout tips or videos that you like?

Blog! I really do want to keep up with my blog again. I love using this to connect and to just document somewhere the crazy and awesome things that are going on with Isis. I would love for her to be able to go back one day & read & see everything she was doing at this point in her life! A digital scrapbook, of a sort!

Sell my house!!!! I am just praying regularly that we are able to sell our house this summer. I know it's a difficult time to sell & lots of people are praying for the same thing, but I am definitely someone who is looking to buy another house & help someone out with that as soon as ours sells!!

And finally, I would LOVE to take Isis to the zoo &/or the aquarium!
Who knows if I'll actually be able to do all these things, but I'm hoping I will!!
What are your summer plans?





Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Mama Smors said…
Enjoy your summer- You and Isis deserve a nice, relaxing break! I hope the sitter thing works out so soon.... and selling your house, setting up your classroom, and taking trips to the zoo, pool, etc! But God has been so faithful in his timing of student teaching, long term subbing, and job opportunities. He will be faithful again... Thank goodness for His perfect plans for our life!
Amy said…
When it comes to working out, I gotta use the Wii fit. Do you have a Wii? It's great. Charlotte just sits there and watches me in her exersaucer. Ha! Have an awesome summer, Cameron! You deserve it after all your hard teaching work.
Adriel Booker said…
Oh, I was just trying to make a dent in my reader with all the posts I've starred to comment on and never made it... when I came across this one! :) A little old but......

You have great summer plans. The kids are at a really fun age to visit the zoo/aquarium. I hope you'll be able to make it! I was able to get a membership at our aquarium for $29 (for a year) so have taken Levi a few times. It's a fairly small-ish one, but totally worth the $$ and he LOVES it. Such a good rainy day (or scorching hot day) retreat from bad weather to get us out of the house!!!

Also, I love this photo of Isis. What a winner. SO. CUTE.

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate