Skip to main content

Birthday Party!

 
So our lucky girl is going to end up having THREE first birthday parties! I had one at my friend Diana's house with just friends. Then my mom had one with my side of the family and Lewis' mom is going to have one at the end of January with their side of the family! This won't be something we do every year, but it's how it ended up working out this year. Normally, we will just have a party at our house, but right now we are in a townhouse & there's just no way we could fit very many people there.

Our first party was at my friend Diana's house. It was a cupcake themed party!

I made the cupcake liner pom-poms that I found on Melissa from Dear Baby's guest post on The Daily Julie. They turned out really great & I did them in colors similar to Isis' bedroom so that I could hang them over her bed after the party! She LOVES them! Everytime we get her up, she wants to reach up & touch them.

We had a make your own cupcake set-up, so we just had plain cupcakes & then lots of icing, food coloring, sprinkles and candies that could be put on the cupcakes. Everyone made their own in whatever decor they wanted!

Isis loved opening all her presents! She loved this teapot set, but she also got some adorable hats from our friend Hannah (who takes all our fabulous pictures & is our babysitter!), a UK wildcat from my cousin Seth and some great books & teething rings from Lewis' best friend Nathan! Just like Christmas, her favorite was taking the tissue paper out of the bags! I think people had read my blog post about Christmas because everyone purposefully put their gifts in bags!

I think Lewis liked the teapot, too.

She was mesmerized by the flame on the candle!

Then she was actually really dainty with the cupcake! It cracked me up. We expected her to just dig in, but she wanted to pick it apart piece by piece. I even think at one point her little pinky finger was in the air as she did it.

She also kept her little feet crossed the whole time.

She had lots of fun with all her friends that came!

One of the things we did that I didn't actually get a picture of was we asked everyone to write a little note or encouragement to Isis on a notepad that we had. We put them all in her piggy bank. We want to do this each year and then one year we will open her piggy bank together and read all of them! I just want her to see what these people who loved her and shared her birthday had to say! I just think it'll be a great way to remember!




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Amy said…
Ah! Such fun! Isis is such a big girl! That's so sweet that she ate the cupcake so dainty. I love the pom poms you are hanging in her room. That's awesome. Happy Birthday Isis! Well done Mama! You made it a year!
Adriel Booker said…
looks like it was a great party... and more celebrations to come. i love how dainty isis was with the cupcake. what a little lady. can't wait to see how levi rips into his... or not. :) but more than likely he'll be a ripper! your decorations look awesome! nice work!!!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate