Skip to main content

1 Year Update!!

 
All pictures by Avenue D Photography

General stats: Weight - 20 lbs, 8 oz, Height - 29 inches
She has grown 13 lbs, 12 oz and 11 inches this year!!

Movement: She is a major crawler & a major cruiser, but has yet to walk. I think she crawls too well & cruises too well when leaning on things! We try to stand her up & get her to walk to us, but she seems to just know that crawling is faster or she will reach out for the couch or the wall & then walk to us. She will stand on her own sometimes if distracted, like holding a toy with both hands, but as soon as she realizes she's not leaning on anything, she drops straight down. We've seen her stand on her own for about 10 seconds, but she won't do it very often. We're just waiting patiently for this, I guess!

Food: She eats anything & everything...except pasta. I have no idea why she doesn't like pasta! We've tried everything with no allergic reactions. She love pickles! And she eats black olives! Most days, she eats cheese, yogurt, whole wheat bread, chicken, black beans, prunes, applesauce, things like that. She's not picky at all, which is wonderful! She drinks about 2 1/2 cups of milk throughout the day in a cup with a straw. She also drinks water with a little juice in it. We do about 1 oz juice to about 6 or 7 oz water. We were doing just water until she got sick & we had to give her pedialyte. Now she wants flavor!! She's got that pincer grasp down great because she's picking up her food all the time - along with any little things she finds on the carpet. We're having to vacuum about every other day right now! No idea where the little fuzzies come from!

Teeth: She has 4 teeth on top and 2 teeth on bottom. We can see and feel a few others getting ready to come in, but nothing else has poked through just yet.

Talking: She says mama, dada, baba for bottle, up, hi, buh for book, and ow. She's said ball a few times, but not enough times for me to really put it on the list yet. And she's said uh oh a few times, but again, not consistently yet. She loves to babble all day! She's got her own little language going on & talks to us a lot like that!

Sleep: She sleeps about 11.5-12 hours a night (from about 7:30pm - 7:00/7:30am). She still naps twice a day, about 9:30/10:00am and then about 1:30pm. Sometimes she will try to refuse one of the naps, but I'm not quite ready to give in to that, so I let her stay in the crib & she usually ends up falling asleep for a little while.

Milestones: She doesn't point yet, but she gestures with her whole hand all the time at whatever she's looking at or what she wants. She turns the pages on her board books and likes to help turn the pages on regular books. She waves, gives high fives & claps all the time! Most of the time she will touch my nose when I ask her where mommy's nose is. We're working on cheeks, eyes and mouth. She LOVES to dance!! We have little dance parties all the time. And any time she hears music - on a commercial or a phone ring tone or anything - she dances! It's one of my favorite things. One of her favorite things lately is to take things out of containers and put them back in. She loves to dump out this basket of blocks & then put them all back in the basket. She will do it over & over. She also loves playing peek-a-boo.

Overall, she's beautiful & healthy & I'm even more in love with her than I was one year ago! Does each year just keep getting better?? I sure hope so because I'm loving it!! I'm going to post soon with her first birthday party pics!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Amy said…
OMG Cameron! I just want to snuggle her! What a beautiful, beautiful girl! I LOVE the pics, especially the one with the tutu and baby high-tops! Congrats on making it one year! It sounds like Isis is eating so well, what a blessing. I can't wait to see the party pics!
Mama Smors said…
Those pictures are just amazing!!! I really love every pic that I have seen by Avenue D.... that is your friend right? :) They grow so fast! I can't believe Isis is one!
Natalie said…
She is absolutely ADORABLE!! Is it weird to say that I want to nibble on her chubby little rolls? ;)
Unknown said…
happy birthday isis! those basket pics are my favorite.
Adriel Booker said…
these are GORGEOUS photos of your gorgeous girl!!! i can't believe she has so many words now! what a smarty pants (in the best sense of the word:)! levi is walking but isis is schooling him with the words (though he does talk NON-STOP... omg.). i love your little girl! you must be so proud.

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate