Skip to main content

BIRTHDAY!!

Where has the time gone??? Seriously Isis is 11 months old today!! I can't believe it!! I'm so excited, but at the same time, I was over at Dear Baby today (as I am everyday) and Melissa totally reminded me that Isis' birthday is in 1 month and I have completely dropped the ball on planning her party!! I know when it is and where it is and who I'm going to invite, but I have yet to purchase invitations or decide on what we're going to do!

It'll definitely be pretty low-key because it's really more for us than for her. I don't want her to get too over-stimulated, but I'm also just excited to spend some time with friends and family celebrating our sweet girl!!

I love Melissa's idea of using Good Frau for invitations. I love that you can customize them exactly how you want so that your invitations look just like what you want and don't look like anyone else's. I think that's great! (Seriously, she's the master at finding great Etsy stores!)

I also think she has fabulous gift ideas for Christmas. Since I've been student teaching & not working, we don't plan on having a big Christmas this year because we just don't have the resources, but our families have picked out some great things for Isis & I'm excited about those! Although I did think this idea of the IKEA crawl tunnel was pretty amazing - and only $19.99!! I may have to put that on our list!

What did you do for first birthday parties?
Any great themes or party ideas?



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Emily H. said…
"One Charming Party" always has good ideas...a little older generally, but still inspirational.
Adriel Booker said…
I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you're doing. We'll have to try and Skype again over the Christmas break at some point. We'll be in Oregon on Monday night - woohoo!!! Isis is getting so big. Can't believe we're going to have one-year-olds soon. *sniff sniff*
Lindsey Clair said…
How exciting, they grow up so fast! We did a moonbounce party on my oldest's first birthday! It was a blast :)

Blog
http://www.peacefulislandmother.yolasite.com
vanita said…
Happy Happy Birthday Isis! She's growing so beautifully! For Damian's first birthday we did a Go Diego Go theme, all orange and green. We didn't have a party for Natasha because times are tough this year but we did do a cake which she licked most of, and we did do presents which she was too busy packing the pretty boxes to bother with opening them. imagine her surprise when she found there were baby dolls and colorful toys in the boxes. :-D

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate