Skip to main content

2010 in Review

2010 was a huge year for my family! The whole year was truly about Isis. I woke up 9am New Years Day with my first real contraction, so she was the first thing I thought about in 2010 and I'm sure she will also be the last thing I think about this year. It's also the year I graduated college. It's the year Lewis and I both were stretched to the limits of our love, patience, understanding, humility and perseverance. I can say with all honesty that this was one of the best years of my life. I never knew I would hurt so bad, be so scared, cry so much, but ultimately love so deeply. The struggles have been incredibly challenging, but they have also been what have produced in me an honesty and sincerity about who I am and who I want to be. I am confident in my role as a mom and I'm proud of myself and my family for how far we have come! What wonderful memories I will carry with me now from 2010!

It was also the first year that I really took blogging seriously and made some great blog friends! I wanted to share some of my favorite posts from 2010!

January:
What's Been Surprising & I Thought of One More - Two posts where I shared the new discoveries and challenges after having my first child!

February:
We started Sleep Training! And then she Slept Through the Night!

March:
14  Steps to an Easy Baby - Everything that saved my life those first couple of months.
Ah, Sleep!!! - Isis finally started sleeping 12 hours at night!

April:
Baby Stuff I Can't Live Without - Love these items!!

May: 
I walked in my college graduation.
Let's Hear it For the Parents Who FEED Their Babies! & It's all About Perspective - My perspective as a mom started to mature and develop.

June:
This was a big month because it's when I got my new blog design!
Isis had her first Father's Day!
I revealed that we had Isis without maternity coverage & I gave some tips on how other people could manage that.
I started sharing my blog tips, like How to Efficiently Read Blogs and tips For the Newbie Bloggers!
Finally, I love this post where I shared how I'm a True, Authentic Mom.

July:
I shared some things about myself in a Blog Bash. Later in the Blog Bash, I shared about my BFF, Diana!
We started getting food from our CSA this month.
I started the 31 Days to a Better Blog challenge with the SITS girls!

August:
I kicked off my guest blogger birth stories with my revamped description of Isis' birth.
I had another guest blogger week with New Mom Tips!

September:
My blogging slowed in September because I started student teaching. Breastfeeding really changed for me at this point.

October:
Lewis and I had our 6th anniversary!
Isis turned 9 months!

November:
I had some deep thoughts this month.

December:
I've decided to simplify.
We got ready for Christmas & then we had a wonderful holiday!!




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

i'm dying! Your daughter is soo cute. Looks like you had such a great year. xoxox
Adriel Booker said…
hey lady! happy new year to you!!! i love looking back at isis' photos. she has always had those huge eyes and the best cheeks ever. i hope she keeps them for another year or two!!! i'm looking forward to blogging more now that we're back... and looking forward to hearing more from you as well too. hope you had an awesome holiday. enjoy your new years weekend!!!
love adriel xx
What a wonderful year filled with countless blessings! Wishing you continued abundance and joy!
Unknown said…
Such an incredible year for you and your family! I'm sure 2011 will bring more happiness and more to be proud of. Happy New Year!
Mama Hen said…
Happy New Year! This post is wonderful Cameron! I wish you a very happy New Year filled with love, great health and happiness. have a good night!

Mama Hen

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate