Skip to main content

Isis' 9 Month Update

I realized the other day that I haven't shared an update of what's going on with Isis now! I really am seeing the growth spurts. There will be weeks when I'm like, "it feels like nothing is changing & she's just never going to do that" (whatever it seems like everyone else's babies are doing). But then, one week she'll just start doing 5 new things without any trouble. It's crazy!

Here are a few highlights:
  • At her last doctor appointment at 9 months old, she weighed 20 pounds exactly & was 27.25 inches long.
  • She now says mama & dada (when she feels like it) & to the right person.
  • She can pass objects from one hand to another.
  • She can pick up food & put it in her mouth. She picks it up with her thumb & forefinger, but then uses her whole palm to put it in her mouth. It's adorable.
  • She stands holding onto things & pulls herself up easily.
  • Sometimes she cruises between the ottoman & the couch or between a standing toy & the wall.
  • She holds on with one hand while standing, but hasn't quite been ready to let go & stand on her own.
  • She crawls. A lot.
  • She drinks from a sippy cup, although also likes to just bang it on the table & shoot water everywhere. (We don't use the sippy stopper thing.)
  • She bangs objects together, takes them out of or puts them into containers, she looks for objects when you hide them, she plays peek-a-boo with some objects like putting a burp cloth over her head.
  • She is quite a talker. She will combine syllables & uses inflections & seems to want to say certain real words. She loves playing with this little brush & we always say "brush" when we give it to her & now she will look at us and go "bru."
  • She has a stuffed animal giraffe named Geoffrey from Toys R Us & she likes to talk to him & give him kisses.
  • She gives kisses now which is my favorite, but sometimes she doesn't want to & she makes hilarious faces when she's trying not to give you a kiss.
  • She still eats a lot of baby purees. That's one thing we are working on - getting her to eat more finger foods. But as for baby purees, her absolute favorite is the Chick Chick Happy Baby meal.
  • She will eat these finger foods: cereal puffs, cheerios, crackers, small pasta pieces, macaroni & cheese, small pieces of bread & little pieces of cheese. I've also fed her some mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, pasta salad, cottage cheese, applesauce & various fruits cut into pieces. She even tried tofu & seemed to be okay with it!
  • She does have 2 teeth on the bottom that are finally through the gums & making their way in! But they're still not helpful with actually biting foods yet.
  • Here's our sleep schedule on weekdays (generally) for those of you who are interested in that: 7am - wake up, 9am - nap (1.5-2 hrs), 2:00pm - nap (1-1.5 hours), 7:30pm - bed. So she's sleeping about 11.5 hours at night & taking about 3 hrs of naps per day on average. Sometimes it's a little less, but not usually any more.
  • We are still breastfeeding first thing in the morning & before bed at night. She takes formula twice a day. She eats solids 3 times a day.

That's about it I think! Overall she's doing awesome & yep I already can't wait to have another one!!! I'm not gonna give away all my secrets, but we are going to start trying again in less than a year!!! Party!!!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy nine months!! Our girls are getting so big =(
Liz said…
I've always felt that 6 months to 12 months, do many cool achievements and skills happen!
JoJo said…
Thats progress right there! Go Isis!!
Lindsey Clair said…
She is so stinkin cute, just wanna pinch those adorable little facial cheeks oooooo lol Wow 9 months, a definite fun little age!

Blog
http://www.peacefulislandmother.yolasite.com
Unknown said…
Love that photo! Those arm rolls look so yummy.

She sounds like she's doing really well for her age. Such a little communicator and mover! My guy is on the late side with milestones, so she seems like a genius to me!
Livy said…
Love the photo. I just want to squeeze those cheeks.

Laney loves giving kisses too. She kisses the characters on almost every page of books she reads.

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate