Skip to main content

An Etsy Christmas!

Yes it's October & I'm thinking about Christmas. I've been thinking about it since June, really, but I've held it in until now. I am uber excited about Christmas this year! Christmas with a (almost) 1-year old is going to be so fun!!! I can't wait to show her all the Christmas lights & let her taste the yummy food that she will hopefully be able to eat at that point! We are still having a hard time with some table foods. She just doesn't have many teeth & seems to also have a sensitive gag reflex, so it's a slow process. But I'm excited for her to get some gifts & tear off the paper. She'll get to play with lots of family members that don't get to see her all the time & I think she'll love Christmas trees & snow! There is just so much to look forward to!!

And while the gifts part of the season is not the reason nor should it be the emphasis of that time, I still find myself looking forward to it because with Isis, there is just never an end to how excited I get about seeing her play with a new toy or learn a new skill with some new thing we introduced! Right now I'm excited about getting her some sort of toy she can sit & ride on! But I've been looking at Etsy & there are so many fabulous things & there's no way I will ever have enough money to get them, but I'm really considering doing as much of my Christmas shopping on Etsy as possible! So if I normally buy gifts for you, be ready!!!

Here's what I've been loving lately...

I love owls! This owl doll is so cute!

These ABC 123 letters & numbers would be so great for Isis!


I have high hopes for Isis' hair growing more after she turns 1, so these clips would be so cute when we need to pin back some bangs!

This is simple, but these car seat strap covers would be great in our car!!

I love this hat!! So cute & it'd keep her ears warm in the cold!

These petal shoes are so fancy!

I'd love some ISIS name blocks!

And finally, I think this Bag of Bags is so great with different colors & textures! Plus I can teach her how to play corn-hole later!!!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Laura said…
Last year I ordered knitted finger puppets from Etsy and storybooks that went with the puppets. They were awesome! I don't have the link off the top of my head, but you should do an Etsy search for knitted finger puppets... so cute.
Anonymous said…
If you like name blocks, check out Giggle Blocks. They're hand made by a friend of mine and they're adorable.

http://www.giggleblocks.net
Amanda said…
I think Etsy is a great place to shop for presents so long as you are organized early as you are. I love what you've found.
Liz said…
Those letters and numbers are a must have! LOVE them! And owls really seem to be the in thing as of late.

All of those are so very cute.
Unknown said…
All such cute gift ideas! Love Etsy. I'm now inspired to do some holiday shopping there!
jisabird said…
Great finds! I could live all day on Etsy.

Personally, after my son was born we became a "Presents for kids ONLY" family. It takes a lot of pressure off of givers and receivers alike. Plus the kids usually end up getting both toys AND clothes, due to pent up spending urges.

Just a idea I like to pass on this time of year.

Cheers!
J.
Megan said…
I love all of those - there's something so magical about homemade gifts, even if you're not the one who makes them!
Amy said…
You gotta teach her to play cornhole! That's awesome!

I LOVE the felt letters and numbers. So sweet! These are great Cameron! I hope you are well!
Amy
Lindsey Clair said…
Oh you are going to have a blast at Christmas. Its so much fun introducing new things such as Christmas to little ones. I have done it twice already and get to do it a third time with my 18 month old since last Christmas she was only 5 months old and obviously wouldn't remember it! What a joy and a blessing :) Cute gift ideas :)

Blog

http://www.peacefulislandmother.yolasite.com
Livy said…
That owl is so cute. I wish I were more crafty. It's amazing the things that people can create. I need to get into Etsy more.
vanita said…
I can't tell you how I love that hat! I can't wait for christmas too. it'll be natasha's first and damian's 2nd and it will just be so much fun i'm already feeling the cheer.
Mama Hen said…
Oh goodness Cameron you really have some cute things picked here. I love the letters and numbers. I also love the owl pillow/doll. So cute. I hope you have a happy and safe Halloween!

Mama Hen

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate