Skip to main content

Shots, Sleeping & Schedules!


Isis got her first vaccinations last Friday. She hated it, but overall took it like a champ! She screamed when they did it and then cried for about 5 minutes after, but then she was good! Later that day, she woke up from her nap and started crying a lot. I think her legs were sore because I was trying to nurse her and with her leg laying against my belly, she started crying. I ended up having to nurse her laying down. The next morning, she was kicking her legs a lot and then started crying, too. But after Saturday I haven't noticed her doing that, so I think the soreness has gone away. So yay! We survived our first shots!! Honestly I was more worried about me than her. We have a wonderful doctor and he has really taken the time to be patient with me and all my questions about vaccinations. With all the conversation about it, I definitely had some concerns, but I now feel really confident that he will not make me give her any shots until I'm ready for it. We gave her all the first shots because I think they are definitely needed if we want her out around other people or kids, but he agreed that we don't need to give her the Hep B vaccine until later this year.

The most interesting thing about the shots was that the night after she got the shots, she slept for 9 hours straight! Before that, her longest stretch was 7.5 hours! Lewis woke me up at 5am and pointed out what time it was. We got up to go check on her because I wanted to make sure she was okay and I'm nursing her, so I'm still very aware of my milk supply. Either way, it was lovely for us to have a 7 hour stretch of sleep!! Right now, she's averaging 2 night feedings every night, but usually about once a week she will only have 1. I feel like that's pretty good. Even with the 2 feedings, she'll go about 6-7 hours before the first one. Not too bad.

The most interesting thing about our lives lately is the fact that she's naturally put herself on a schedule! I was following Babywise only in that I was doing the eat, wake, sleep cycle. I was doing a consistent bedtime, but I was letting her wake up whenever she woke up in the morning. Then I was going by her morning wake time to see when she would eat throughout the day. Well, for the last week, she has naturally woken up at the same time everyday and therefore eaten & napped at the same time everyday. So I'm just going to now make sure that wake time stays consistent. I feel like she's doing it herself, so it won't take much to just make sure these feeding & nap times stay consistent. It will also make my life so much easier to be able to know a week in advance what time she'll nap. It's been interesting making appointment up until now...

Yay for baby development!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate