Skip to main content

Sleep Training Night 5

She's definitely got the sleep training stuff down. Last night we did the routine, put her down at 8:00pm, she kinda whimper-cried for 5-7 minutes and then fell asleep. We woke her at 10:30pm to eat, then she woke up at 2:00am and 5:30am. We all got up for the day at 8:30am. Not too shabby. I'm hoping after a few weeks of this, she starts stretching those night feedings. Right now we're at about a 3 1/2 hour schedule.

Big news today is we started the nap training stuff. Meaning that we are doing a shorter version of the bedtime routine for her naps, then putting her down sleepy but awake in her crib in her room. She had been falling asleep for her naps while I held her because it was literally the only way I could get her to sleep. But that was NOT my favorite! Not because I don't love the cuddling - I totally do - but because then she didn't sleep as soundly and she would wake up if I ever moved or anything. But I figured that was better than not taking a nap at all, so I'd been doing it. Not anymore. We started today putting her in her crib. It's been ok...I'll post about it later. The day isn't over yet! But I'm definitely making sure to cuddle in her wake times because we both love it a lot!!

But I have to say that so far my experience with scheduling has made both Isis & her parents much happier & less stressed & better rested! So things are good! We're just working out the details now!

Sleep Training Night #1
Sleep Training Night #2
Sleep Training Night #3
Sleep Training Night #4

Comments

Thank you so much for your detailed posts! I was having a really hard time finding some information on Sleep Training for 6wk olds without it being Baby Whisperer or Sleep Props. None of that seemed to be working, and we are at our wits end! It was really encouraging and comforting to read about your success, as we are just starting today. Thanks again!
Taxi Scab said…
You have inspired me to start this method. Out of curiosity how did it all work out in the end? Anymore advice?

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate