Skip to main content

Feeling normal again, making some changes

So I finally feel over the baby blues. I have felt like myself the last few days & I haven't cried in several days! I've been fixing my hair & putting on makeup & getting out of the house a little bit with Isis. Things haven't necessarily gotten easier with sleep & routine & things with Isis, but I'm definitely much more prepared for everything! I can handle it now. Lewis is having a hard time at night with her being up & crying & things like that. It's so hard because he has to work.

So we both agreed that it was about time for her to sleep in her own room. I thought that I would leave her in our room for the first several months, but it turns out we are not the parents who can handle that. She makes all these little sleep noises right now, which is totally normal, but it really keeps us up a lot. We know now that she's okay and we know what to listen for, so we have decided to just use the monitor in her room and let her sleep there. She's asleep in there right now for her nap & she actually didn't cry or fuss as much being in there. Maybe she needs her own space, too.

She's not sleeping very well at night. She just doesn't like falling asleep. She'll fight it so bad, but once she's asleep sometimes it's hard to get her to wake up for her next feeding! But she's also so alert when she is awake! Her umbilical cord stump finally fell off! That was really exciting! There is still a little piece left, so we can't give her a bath yet, but we have put her in the cloth diapers!! We were waiting for the stump to fall off so that the cloth diapers didn't rip it off prematurely. She's in a cloth diaper right now & it looks so cute!! I'm excited!

So I've stepped it up. I'm making an effort to do some things for myself and I'm letting Isis sleep in her own room. I'm handling the very little sleep thing pretty well and I don't feel completely exhausted all the time. Things are getting better! They're not necessarily predictable or anything yet, but I'm definitely able to handle everything much better!

Also, I've found a great blog that I really like! Check it out if you're a mom!!
Chronicles of a Babywise Mom

Also, I had my 2-week follow-up appointment yesterday and they said everything was great! Nursing is definitely just melting off the baby weight! I have 9 pounds left to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight! Woo hoo! And tonight our Centering class is getting together for a reunion with the babies!! So I'm going to take pictures and post them later! And we bought a Flip camera! My dad gave us an awesome digital camera which we will use for all our big video stuff, but we wanted the Flip camera so that I could just keep it with me in my purse or diaper bag and just take videos of little things as they happen! I'll post some videos soon too!

Comments

The Grows said…
Isis' face is cute in this pic!
What is centering class?
Cameron said…
Centering is this class we did in place of normal prenatal visits with our nurse-midwife. There were 6 couples all having their first children. We did prenatal stuff and also a pregnancy & childbirth class every time we met. It was awesome!
Anonymous said…
Isis is beautiful and I am so proud of you!!!! Missy

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate