Skip to main content

20 weeks: IT'S A GIRL!!!

We went for our 20-week ultrasound today & found out we are having a girl!! They said everything looks perfect! I have been very blessed so far to have a very easy pregnancy. I feel very fortunate! The first 5 weeks or so were not so fun with nausea, but that's really nothing in the long run, so I'm very happy! I was telling Lewis that maybe we need to amend our "2 biological kids" plan to maybe be 3 because I'm good at being pregnant! haha we'll see.

So now Isis Ruby Clark has officially become a member of the family, although she'll maintain her residence inside mommy's belly for the time being. We look forward to her arrival at the end of the year / beginning of next year!

And now the fun stuff begins...REGISTERING!!!! I am so excited about picking out different things for our first baby!! I've been a regular visitor to www.babiesrus.com the past few months! I've already got my eye on a couple of things! I'm also very excited that my friend Susan has offered to make our baby bedding! So Isis will already have her own unique baby bedding - to go with her very unique name & fabulously unique parents! LOL

Anyway, I'm so happy I feel like I could just ooze happiness out my eyeballs! Any tips or suggestions for registry items? My biggest question is what travel systems do you all like? Or do you not like travel systems & would recommend splitting it up into carseat/carrier & stroller separately? I want brands & everything! Pros & cons!

Yay Baby Girl Isis on the way!!!!

Comments

Morganne said…
I love our Chicco travel system. Everyone seems to have it and love it! We also have a Chicco umbrella stroller and love it too.
Mama Smors said…
congrats to you all!!! love the name :) friend me on facebook... i can't find you! my old account was hacked and i had to set up a new one.
again, congrats on a healthy baby girl!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate