Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary!!

Six years ago today, I married my husband. Here's some of our story.
 
  We met more than eight years ago in April 2002. When we met, I had short, dark red hair - almost purple. He had a mohawk. We were quite the pair. Although, we didn't work out at first. I was 17 years old. He was 21. I know it sounds crazy, but I knew immediately that I would marry him. After our first phone conversation, I just knew. I went to school the next day & told my best friends at lunch that I met my husband the night before. Of course they thought I was crazy. And I was surprisingly not really thrilled by this realization.

We went on a date that weekend & it went okay, but not great. I was not very nice. You see, I was 17 & all that entails. I was perfectly ready to go to college & date around & just have fun. I was not interested in a serious boyfriend. I was definitely not interested in getting married young.

About six months later, we were dating - officially. He pursued me & I just couldn't stay away. I finally allowed my head & my heart to be in the same place.

There were a few bumps in the road & we broke up a couple of times over the next 2 years - his choice, not mine. Ah, young love. He just didn't know yet what I already knew...that we were going to get married.

Needless to say, I was right! He figured out that he just couldn't live without me & on October 2, 2004, we were married.

The first year was newlywed bliss, the second year was ridiculously hard thanks to several different things. It's really hard getting married at 20 (me) and 24 (him). There are a lot of things you haven't done and haven't learned and a lot of ways you make things harder on yourself than you need to. Those first couple of years were hard.

But honestly, God knew exactly what He was doing putting me & Lewis together. We really do complement each other very well. We came through some difficult things stronger than I ever imagined. Over the past several years, God has taught me so much about marriage & compromise & sacrifice & joy. I've learned how to fight in a healthy way. I've learned how to share life with someone. We've learned how to speak & when to stop speaking. We've learned what works & what doesn't. We've learned that it's okay if our marriage looks totally different than someone else's because we know where we are focused - or better yet, Who we are focused on. I've grown up a lot & so has Lewis & our marriage has been blessed through this time. 
 
I really could not ask for more than the humble, generous, loving, gracious, hilarious, intuitive & kind person that he really is. 
 
In June 2006, we went on tour with Lewis' band.

In August 2008, we decided we wanted to have a baby.

In May 2009, we found out we were pregnant!

January 2, 2010, Isis was born.

Our family of two is now a family of three.



Seeing Lewis become a father has been one of the most amazing experiences in our marriage. This year, I am particularly grateful that we are married. I could not imagine raising my kids with anyone else. I look forward to the future with so much hope because I know that the possibility that was created in our union has unlimited potential. I am so grateful for my husband & for my family!


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww Happy anniversary, loved seeing your life in pictures, so fun. HOpe you had a great day!
Livy said…
Those pictures were great! You look really happy in them. Congratulations on 6 years!
Jessica Warrick said…
awe so sweet.... you two are cute together.. and the baby is precious... Happy Anniversary....
Veronica Lee said…
Happy Anniversary! You two make a cute couple!
The Planet Pink said…
Happy Anniversary!! I hope your day was special!
Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary! Loved all the pictures ♥
Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary!!! Great story. It is SO fun to see you in pictures since you don't post a whole lot of yourself. You two look perfect together!! Love it!!
Adriel Booker said…
What an awesome post. I loved reading more of your story. What a great couple you two are - and a great testimony of the GOODNESS of marriage! Happy anniversary to you two!
love adriel
p.s. I loved our skype yesterday. We'll have to do it again soon! :)
~Lisa~ said…
Happy Anniversary. You guys make such a lovely couple! Hope you had a great celebration.
Heather said…
Awww Happy Anniversary. Your first anniversary as parents is really special. It just has even more emotional weight since you have been such a life changing journey together.
Enjoy!!
JoJo said…
Awww what a love story. Happy anniversary!
Mama Smors said…
happy anniversary to such a sweet couple!!! isis is a lucky girl to have a mommy and daddy that love each other so much :)
mdforkids said…
Happy Anniversary! Beautiful family Cameron :) Hope you all enjoyed your celebration together.
Dawn said…
I am late, but better late than never,


Happy Anniversary!!! :) Here is to many more wonderful years!
Unknown said…
A belated happy anniversary! I love your story as a couple. Hope you two had a great weekend together with Isis.

P.S. I'm getting a post like this ready because me & T celebrate 5 years on the 8th! Yay for October weddings!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate