Skip to main content

First-Time Readers...31DBBB Day #17

Have you ever wondered what a first-time reader does when they visit your blog? Today, the 31DBBB task involves finding this out! I went to Twitter to find a new, first-time reader who was involved with the 31DBBB who would be willing to visit my blog & answer some questions related to how they navigate & read things on my blog. Angie at Gnomeangel was the first to reply, although Geek.Girl.Wife. is also going to help me out!!

I learned today that my Best of Me post is incredibly important - as well as my About Me page. I'm happy with my About Me page, but I'm wondering if there are any better ways to do a best-of page. Could I organize them differently? Maybe into categories? Is there any way for you all as readers to know which are the most important? One of the ways I plan on doing this is through themed Sneeze Pages, but come back tomorrow for that.

Overall, I believe that design & ease of use of your page is really important for a first-time reader. Then your main links like About & Best Of probably come next. I would love to get more opinions from first-time readers! If you're here from the 31DBBB & want to answer some questions for me about your experience using my blog, email me!

What did you learn from the first-time reader task?
What ways would you suggest to better organize a Best Of post?
What do you think attracts new readers on your blog?






Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Crystal said…
I agree, the about me is the most important part. I know its usually the first thing I look at, other then whatever post it is that drew me in for the first time. I know personally I look to see most importantly if you share my faith and beliefs. I have run across some blogs that I couldn't figure out if they were or weren't Christian, and I am just less likely to want to read someone's blog unless I feel I could trust the content in that way.
Hope this helps some! I enjoy most of your posts a lot, though lately I haven't been into the 31 Days posts you have been doing- though some could probably help me out!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog...

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite TV Shows

This will later lead into my 30 Days of Television posts coming up in August, but these are my 10 Favorite TV Shows that are currently on the air! They are not in any order. Grey's Anatomy Bones House The Vampire Diaries One Tree Hill The Big Bang Theory Gossip Girl Cougar Town Modern Family Glee What are your 10 favorite TV shows currently on the air? Previous 10 on Tuesday posts