Skip to main content

New Post Topics...31DBBB Day #11


This was probably my favorite task so far for the 31DBBB! We used 5 of our most recent posts & came up with ideas for new topics! I had never thought to use a method like this & I found it actually worked really well! You can use questions that were asked in the comments, you can take an opposing viewpoint, you can extend to other topics in the same category, you can do a link post on the topic, you can conduct an interview with an expert on the topic & the list goes on & on! I didn't choose my last 5 posts because I do the Mommy's Piggy Tales meme & I've posted several times on the 31DBBB challenge, but I used 5 recent posts. I also really liked the idea of using 5 general categories that your blog could cover & coming up with post ideas under those. Here is what I came up with:

-a dad's perspective on breastfeeding
interview with Lewis about being a new dad
-links to my favorite dad blogs/resources

-recipes
-how to easily do organic
-baby food recipes
-links to organic blogs/resources
-how we make it work with a csa/things to keep on hand to make meals

-what is a crunchy mama?
-why use cloth?
-"greening" your baby
-cloth & babysitters
-washing cloth diapers (different methods - sensitive baby skin, etc)
-where to register for cloth diapers
-why not to do cloth
-links to cloth diaper blogs/resources
-interview with a cloth diapering mom
-case study on using cloth the first few weeks
-cloth diaper forums
-common mistakes made with cloth diapering

-finding time to blog
-how I get stuff done
-list of blog improvements that can be done
-so many mom hats
-SAHM jobs
-10 time wasters
-cleaning calendar (what to do when)

-5 pet peeves / easy changes to your blog
-how to find post ideas (other than this one)
-how to get your own domain through blogger
-why you should offer a full RSS feed
-things i've learned about blogging
-10 reasons I use blogger
-10 reasons I wish I used wordpress

I would sincerely like to hear any other post ideas you think would be great from these topics!
What is your favorite post idea for your blog?




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

motherknowsless said…
I have just opened the overwhelmed up on another page - I may be on this all afternoon! Great Blog

http://www.motherknowsless.com
Lynda said…
This has been my favorite task so far as well. All I want to do now is brainstorm new ideas!

You have lots of ideas to draw from!
Unknown said…
That's an incredible amount of ideas! I've got to sit down and get to work on this.
Asashia said…
this is a great list Cameron! you could add in a post about why you choose to do organic, cloth diapers, breast feeding, etc.
Jamee said…
You have so many wonderful ideas! Look forward to reading about them!
Liz said…
i've never really thought about going through comments for inspiration, but that makes sense,
Crystal Escobar said…
I need to learn a little more about this cloth diapering stuff :)
Hey thank you for visiting me for follow friday. I'm now following you back. I look forward to getting to know you better!
Adriel Booker said…
Oooooh, I love this!!! Such great ideas Cameron. Love your cloth diapering series... cause that's on my mind a lot as we make the switch! And I so enjoyed reading Lewis' post on cloth diapers... will be great to hear more from him. I also came up with a daddy series when I did this exercise, though we may do ours as vlog since ryan finds writing a little more difficult. and your blogging topics are all so good too. and the organizing! oh, ok, all of it!!! can't wait to read more from ingenue mom!!! :)
Kelly said…
Great ideas! I use wordpress for my site and blog but I dont love it. LOL

Kelly #31DBBB
Mama said…
I’ve passed along an award to you! Come check it out on my blog, Buzzing the Day Away
You did this exercise so well! :-) This works for some and not at all for others but I'm glad to see that it got your creative juices flowing! Have you begun plugging any of these ideas into an editorial calendar?

If you ever want to do a guest post for Better Your Blog on why you use blogger/wished you used WordPress I'd be interested in your perspective! I have a contact form (the little, red envelope on my site) so feel free to drop me a line about it if your are interested.

~ Alyna

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate