Skip to main content

Isis' Baby Milestones - 3 months!

Talking
Well, she talks non-stop! She's always cooing and gurgling and blowing bubbles and making the "ah-goo" noises - although she normally does more of an "ah-gee" kinda of noise! She will just make noises over & over & over.

Tummy Time
She spends quite a bit of time each day now in her play mat. I try to start out on her tummy and when she gets tired of that - after about 10-15 minutes, I switch her to her back. I'm trying to extend the tummy time each day. She does better with it if I'm not right next to her, so I'll sit on the couch or watch her from the kitchen and she stays happier on her tummy longer. She does a little mini-push up now! And she keeps her head up the whole time. She used to hold her head up and then lay it down for a little while, but she's keeping it up the whole time now! She rolled herself over from her belly to her back the other day without me being around! I got it on video. I'll post it soon!

Hands
She's discovered her hands and stares at them all the time. I'll catch her looking at them and then she'll just shove them in her mouth! haha She also started grabbing things on her own a couple of days ago. On her play mat, there's a little octopus that hangs and she grabbed this orange fish toy thing that's attached to it and then started pulling it and I even saw her grab it with both hands and then try to put it in her mouth! Although, she could've just been trying to shove those yummy hands in her mouth again and the toy just happened to be in her hands! LOL.

Head control
I've started doing the thing with her daily where I lay her in my lap and then grab her hands and slowly pull her up to a sitting position so she can practice keeping her head steady while she moves up to sitting. She's doing great! The first day, she didn't really hold her neck straight very well, but today when we did it, her head was sturdy the whole time. I don't ever hold her neck anymore when I'm holding her unless I have to. So she's getting lots of practice holding her head steady and she's doing great at it!!

Eye sight
She follows objects with her eyes all the time. She follows me all around the room and everyday I get her to track a smaller object with her eyes. She seems to be doing great with that! I'm reading books to her everyday and she looks at all the pictures and even tries to touch the pop-up ones. So I think she's starting to get better hand-eye coordination!

Laughing
The only thing she hasn't done yet that I'm so anxious for her to start is laughing!!! I can tell she is right on the verge. She'll sometimes make a sound like she's about to laugh, but then she'll just grin at me really big. I'm doing everything I can to get her to laugh! I'm playing games, trying to tickle her, making faces, singing songs, dancing, etc! I'm just doing everything!! Any tips for how to get her to laugh?? I'm just so ready to hear that laugh!! I know that can be more of a 4-month milestone for some babies. I just can't wait!!! It'll be so great when I hear it!!

Comments

Alice said…
I've had good luck on laughter by singing songs with gestures and moving the baby's hands around to do them, particularly "Itsy Bitsy Spider." Baby's laughter is just the best EVAR!

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate