Skip to main content

Sleep Training Night 2

Night 1 was Tuesday night. I fed Isis at 7:00pm. Then around 7:40 we gave her a bath & then did our bedtime routine. We put her down in the crib at 8:00pm. She had yawned a couple of times during the routine, so we knew she was sleepy, but she was awake when she went in the crib. That night, she didn't start crying immediately. She started a few minutes later and kinda cried off & on for a little while. We went in to comfort her and kiss her and pat her belly about every 5-10 minutes depending on how upset she was. We only had to go in twice in an hour because she wasn't that upset. She kept getting quiet for long periods and made her little cooing noises, so we knew she was already starting to soothe herself. She ended up falling asleep right before 9:00. Her total amount of crying time was about 30 minutes. That night, she woke up to eat at 10:40pm, 2:00am, 5:00am and then around 7:45am - when we got up for the day. I did a morning routine with her at the 7:45am time.

Night 2 was last night, Wednesday night. I fed her at 7:00pm. Then around 7:40 we gave her a bath & then did our bedtime routine. We put her down in the crib at 8:00pm. This time she got fussy & cried a little while we did the routine, but she calmed down as we did the song. We are singing You are my Sunshine every night as a part of our bedtime routine. When we put her in the crib, she wasn't crying, but she started crying as soon as we left the room. We did the same thing as the night before, going in every 5-10 minutes to calm her and kiss her and everything. Both times we went in (we only had to do it twice again in an hour) she calmed down completely for at least 10 minutes. This time she went to sleep a little after 9:00pm, but she only cried for a total of 23 minutes in the entire hour. The rest of the time she was either completely silent or did her little cooing noises. The biggest difference about night 2 was that she didn't wake up until 12:30am!! She went from 7:00pm to 12:30am without a feeding! She had still eaten enough during the day and even at the 12:30 feeding, she ate less than what she does in her daytime feedings. She always eats less at night. So she woke at 12:30am, then at 4:00am and then at 8:00am for the day! I did her morning routine with her at 8 and we were up!

I'm very happy with how things are going so far!! I'm still seeing how it goes over the next week because I've heard it gets worse before it gets better, but at least she seems to be learning to soothe herself! I plan on doing nap training with her in 2 weeks. That way we will have a good 2 weeks of the bedtime routine. Then I'll do a mini-version of the routine for naps. Plus I'm hoping to get the curtains for her room by that time so that I can darken her room a little. But yay!! Things are good so far!!

Sleep Training Night #1
Sleep Training Night #3
Sleep Training Night #4
Sleep Training Night #5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on Tuesday: 10 Favorite 6 Month Pics

This is completely gratuitous, just me posting pictures of Isis, but my friend Hannah took some pictures of our family yesterday! She is such a great photographer & she is also going to be watching Isis for me in the fall when I start my student teaching. I feel so blessed to have her as a friend on top of the fact that she takes gorgeous pictures of Isis!! I also realized that I didn't put any of the ones where she is smiling in this post. This just means I'll have to post more another time! Get excited! (And this is not a great comment-grabbing post , but who cares? This is for the digital baby book!) Check out the 10 on Tuesday blog Read my other 10 on Tuesday posts

How to Efficiently Read Blogs

Have you ever been just completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blogs out there you can read? I have. Wow. So many fabulous people I'm interested in reading about! I love the stories, the humor, the pictures, the tips, the giveaways, the links, I just love it all! So I've found myself having to streamline my blog reading in order to better manage my time & make sure I hit the "must-reads" for me. Here's how I've done it: First of all, if you leave a comment on my blog or if you follow my blog, I will go to your blog & at the very least I will follow you on Google Friend Connect . This way the blog shows up on my blogger dashboard when I log in. I always look over the new posts that are there when I log in each day, but if you've looked at my Google Friend Connect page lately, you'll see that I follow a lot of people's blogs! So I had to come up with a more specific approach in addition to the blogger dashboard. This is where my Goog

5 Blogging Pet Peeves

Blogging pet peeves are obviously going to be different depending on the blogger or blog reader. I am not an expert, but I have been blogging for more than 3 years between this blog & my other one. So I've seen a lot of blogs & read a lot of tips. Here are 5 things from my perspective that will really help you as a blogger &  me as a reader. 1. Offer a full RSS feed Oh my goodness this gets on my nerves!! I don't know if people think that offering a partial feed will get people to click on their page more or something? But really all it does it gets most people from what I've seen to NOT subscribe or visit your blog at all. There are maybe 2 bloggers that I subscribe to their feed even if they don't offer a full feed & that's only because they email & converse with me regularly & in some way make up for the fact that I can't see their feed in my reader. So just offer a full feed.  There is some debate about the issue, but in every debate